Bitter gourd fried is great for health. It has various health benefits such as the ingredients which are added can help reduce blood sugar levels, fight against cancer, decrease cholesterol levels, and weight loss. Also, it is delicious to eat and used in almost every country but is commonly made all over India. It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. The recipe is most probably made in every kitchen. But, we’re going to make it delicious with chicken.
Read more: Karela Recipe
Ingredients of Bitter Gourd Fried with chicken
Be sure to wash the ingredients before using them in the dish. However, here is a list of materials needed to make this amazing recipe.
- Bitter gourd ¾ kg
- Oil 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Red chili powder ¾ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Green chilies 3-4 medium-sized
- Chicken ½ kg
- Onion 2 medium-sized
- Tomato 2 medium-sized
- Take the bitter gourd and clean it with a knife. You can peel it from where you think it’s spoiled. Cut it into small pieces and take the seeds out
- Find a pan or pot anything that is available and sprinkle a fist of salt on it, mix it evenly, and leave it for an hour or two
- Wash it 4 to 5 times so that no salt remains and squeeze all the water in it. Helps reduce its bitterness.
- Add a cup of oil to a pan, add bitter gourd, and fry over medium heat until it turns golden.
- When the bitter gourd is golden brown, take it out of the pan and set it aside
- Take onions, chop them into small pieces, and put them in the same oil in which you fried the bitter gourd.
- Fry the onions over medium heat until golden brown
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces, put them in a pan, fry them with onions and then chop the green chilies with it. Then add a little water so that it does not burn.
- Add ¾ tablespoon of red chili salt as per your taste and ½ teaspoon of turmeric and saute it for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add chicken to the pan and saute it with the masala you made until it’s nice and cooked. Add a small amount of water from time to time so that your chicken does not get burnt.
- When it is done then add fried bitter gourd in your pan and give it a nice mix. Lower the heat and cover the pan with its lid.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and serve it with bread.
Bitter Gourd Fried With Beef
If you plan to use beef instead of chicken, you should follow these steps.
- Take half a kg of beef and wash it thoroughly with water.
- Grab a pot and fill it with 2 glasses of water and put beef in it.
- Put it on high heat.
- Cut the onions into small pieces and add them to the same pot.
- Cut the tomatoes and green chilies and add them to the pot.
- Let it boil and simmer until less than half a glass of water remains.
- Add ¾ chilly powder and salt as per your taste and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder in it.
- Then add the oil left from frying the bitter gourd in the beef.
- Saute it until it’s nicely cooked. Add water in small intervals so that it does not get burnt.
- When it is done then add the bitter gourd in it that you fried earlier.
- Mix it well and cover the pot with its lid. keep it on low heat for 5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve it hot with bread (roti or naan) with some cold drinks (optional).
Take some coriander leaves, wash them thoroughly with water and chop it into thin pieces. Wash the lemon and cut it into thin slices. Take ginger, peel, wash, and cut it into thin small strips. As well as the taste, you will find this dish very attractive.