We have shared how to protect accounts from hackers. Everyone keeps their personal information and data in their accounts to secure it for themselves. But, as we know, there are a bunch of hackers who have strong commands on how to hijack someone’s account.
- Sign in to your Google account at www.gmail.com.
- Once you logged in to your google account, click on your image which is displayed at top of the right corner. Then click on “Manage your Google Account“.
- Now, you will see multiple options where you have to click on the “Security” tab.
- After clicking on the Security tab, you’ll be directed to your security page. Remember, this is the page where you can make your account secure. You will see different options there such as creating a strong “password” where you have to create a strong password and make sure not to share it with others because it’s your security main backbone.
Two Steps Verification
- Another option next to the password is “2-Steps Verification”. Don’t neglect this option. You can use 2-steps verification so that google can verify at the time of signing in to this account using your mobile notification. Whenever someone tries to sign in to your account, google will ask you if it is you trying to sign in or someone else. If it’s you, hit on the option “yes it’s me”. If not then click on “it’s not me” so that Google will never give access to that third person who is trying to log in to your account. Hence, you can immediately change that password if you want to.
Verification of Mobile Number
- There is another very important step by which you can make your account security strong. That is your “mobile number”. I’ll recommend adding your mobile number to your google account. In the future, if you forgot your password then you can use your mobile number to reset your password by clicking on reset password. To do so, just click on the reset password which will be displayed on the main page of gmail.com. Then you will see your mobile last 3 digits click on that so that Google will send you a code to verify if it is you try signing in to the account. Put the same code that you are getting in the box and hit enter. Hence you will be asked to change your password. Adding your mobile number has another benefit and that is when someone tries to log in to your account they will not be able to replace the number because it will send you a code on your mobile number.
Verification of An Email
- Another step to consider is an alternative email. Try to create a second Gmail account and use that as an alternate email in your personal Google account setting. This alternative email will help you the same as we discussed above for the mobile number benefit. But in this case, you get a verification email on your second account that you created especially to put as an alternate. Hence, you can reset your password using your alternate email.
Submit an Authenticator
- This is the final step that is recommended by Google itself. Google comes with an app named “Authenticator”. You can download this app via the google play store and use codes at the time of signing in to your account. You can open this app on your cell phone where you can see different codes and the codes will be changed after every 30 sec or 1 minute.
Secure Your Facebook Account
- log in to your “Facebook Account“.
- After signing in to your account, click on the account arrow option which is displayed at top of the right corner.
- Then click on “Settings & Privacy“.
- Now, click on “Setting“.
- Now, click on “security and login“.
Add A Mobile Number
- You will be directed to deal with your security. First of all, add your “Mobile Number” as a security so that you can recover your password anytime you want.
Add An Email
- Add your “Alternate Email” that will help you in recovering your account in case you forgot your password or want to change it.
Two Factors Verification
- Use “Two Factors Authentication” so that you’ll be notified of the verification when someone’s trying to log in to your account.
Add Trusted Contacts
- You can also choose 3 to 5 trusted contacts in case you get locked out.
- Don’t forget to keep “Notification Alerts on” for the unrecognized logins.
How To Secure Your Whatsapp Account
- Open your “Whatsapp application“.
- Click on the “Three Dots” which is right there at top of the right corner.
- Click on “Setting” and then “account“.
- Now, you will see “Two-step verification“. Click on it.
- Finally, you are ready to create your own “PIN” so that you will be asked to verify your pin next time when you will register your phone with Whatsapp again.
- You can also use “The WhatsApp blocking application” so that no one can use it without your permission.
- Don’t give your cell phone to someone else as they can scan your WhatsApp code into their phone. Hence, they can have access to your account using their phone.
- Try to check “WhatsApp web” at least once or twice a day just to make sure if someone has logged into your account or not. If it shows a device or browser then take an action promptly and click on log out from that device.
Other Security Tips To Protect Accounts From Hackers
How to Know The Link is Real or Fake
Now, if you are not logged in to your Facebook account and someone has sent a link to you. In this case, you don’t need to put your information there but all you need to do is just go to your official account For instance if you visit the link and they are asking you to log in to your Facebook account then don’t follow it and go to Facebook in the new tab and first, log in to your Facebook account through the official site and then come back and reload the page link. Let’s see, if it is still asking you to log in then it means this is somewhat what we call a malicious malware link which should be avoided to protect your account from being hacked.